• Adding catagories

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #67  by peter

i have found that the use of keywords is a nice feature and helps with narrowing search results. but i find that because a user can define any keywords themselves it is not very reliable (spelling errors, stupid keywords).

maybe it would be a good feature to be able to pre-define keywords to chose from in other words defining catogories. when a document is uploaded it is then possible to select in what, pre-defined, catogorie it is to be placed.

i woould like to hear your ideas about this!

Peter
 #70  by jllort

For it you\'ve got property groups.

On OpenKM demo are defined two groups (tecnologia/consultoria) with some properties examples, a predefined list of values.

You can define so much groups as you can and list of properties ( list, list with multiple selecions, textare, and input ).

Really keywords is something deprecated on OpenKM but we still mantain it because some small companies could not be interested on to create property groups, and we\'ve thinking it that case it\'s useful to have some free keywords.

Other idea is DMS suggest some keyword by analisys file content, but we\'re far about it now.
 #74  by peter

it is good to see that property groups are availeble. you say 2 are pre defined but i cannot find them when clicking on add property group in the search schreen.

also how can you add property groups? what to look out for?

peter
 #76  by jllort

Yes on demo, we\'ve defined two property groups, take a look there, click on a document and the icons of adding property group it\'ll be enabled.

Search engine runs too with property groups, enabling searching documents by this parameters.

You can add more property group, registering on admin option.

We\'ve restored demo and forget to register property groups, I\'ve done it this morning, you\'ll could see it.

See faq entry http://www.openkm.com/FAQ.html there\'s an example of how to create property group files to register. There\'s are some entry too about it on forums but this is on spanish http://www.openkm.com/Configuration/54- ... dades.html

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.