• OCR writes text to PDF file

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #15496  by Alexires

I've noticed that the text extraction from OCR only keeps the text in OpenKM. Once the file is downloaded, the text is no longer searchable.

Is it possible to use something like http://blog.konradvoelkel.de/2010/01/li ... em-solved/ to write any extracted OCR text to the PDF during upload so once the file has been downloaded, it is still searchable?
 #15520  by pavila

It seems an interesting feature. I will add to OpenKM wishlist :)
 #16826  by Alexires

Yes, I found that also :(. I ended up getting sick of trying to use linux to OCR a file and used the Adobe OCR program. Still, it looks like it worked in the past, so perhaps it is possible to get it to work well in the future; I'll have to look into it. I'll let you know what I find...

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.