• Ideas about Wizard

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #12870  by olexandr

Hello,

we are doing initial import of documents and I have two ideas about how to enhance wizard:

1) give an opportunity to choose the upload folder.
Sceanario: you have a bunch of different documents in one folder, which you want to upload and classify to different folders. Other way to classify them first on the local computer and then upload by folder, but it looks like double work.

2) possibility to change the original filename.
Scenario: you have a lot of file you want to upload and classify. On way - to rename documents before uploading, another - during uploading. I think during uploading is much better - because you can fully process document - add categories, properties etc.

What do you think?
 #12876  by jllort

Initial import might not be done by wizard, better if you doing in administration.

The idea is you build your taxonomy in local server ( always it'll be more fastly than other option ) and then import all by administration tool take a look at http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Repository_import . From version 5.1.X you can use .okm file associated to some folder or document that can be used to setting destination path, credentials, metadata etc... that's not commented on wiki, but you can make minimal testing, upload some document / folder and then using export utility http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Repository_export enable checkbox ( metadata exporting ), take a look into .okm files generated. Simply you might generate something similar if order changing importing values. That's interesting feature if, for example, you've got some thirdparty application an you want to export some information present there.

About wizard feature, I've recently added some feature in our tracking list , http://issues.openkm.com/view.php?id=1886 when we adding records I'll implement it too, because the uploading scenario will change. Really I've prepared uploading under a batch queue, but it's still not yet finished, really need few job to finishing it.

Wizard feature will be extended on administration we've got in mind having something like firewall rules, but until next year you'll be not able to see it.
 #13089  by olexandr

Hi, thank you for the answer!
I've tried to export add some files and then import - everything goes fine. But I can't find .okm file! Where should it be? I added property to the document, ticked "export metadata" and I have .json file, but it doesn't contain property information.
 #13094  by olexandr

Ok, I've found * Write document metadata on export in 5.1.8 - I'll test it!

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.