• Assign Users at the job creation point

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #11893  by OpenInsight

It is better if we can assign task to the users at the time we create job.

Ex: Workflow definition with task 1, task 2 and task 3.

At the job creation point we want to assign task 1 to user 1 , task 2 to user 2 and task 3 to user 1 and 2
 #11964  by pavila

Do you mean when starts a workflow, show a dialog to select which user should be assigned to every task? This is not a typical workflow behavior. In jBPM as may other workflow engines, you can decide who will be assigned a task when you are creating the process definition, or at runtime, specifying users or roles (swimlanes) etc.
 #12001  by OpenInsight

Thnx for the reply.

In my workflow scenario User role to a task is defined. but user to a task should be selected at runtime. At the first task of the workflow user to the task is selected based on the user role assigned to the task.

Is it possible to do this using JBPM. If i could load uses in the database to a dropdown list in a workflow form i will be able to do this.

http://forum.openkm.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5354

Thanks in advance

Waruna
 #12027  by pavila

If you want to assign a task dynamically you can implement an AssignmentHandler. Read jBPM documentation for more info, but is simple because you only need to create a class which implements this interface.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.