• Add Eventlistener to OpenKM window when Browser Resize

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #11338  by mossimo32001

Most of the time i fire up my browser and log-in to OpenKM with an 800x600 or 1024 x 768 or what ever size it was before. After login, I was inside OpenKM, I realized i need to make my browser bigger or smaller to work more better but The OpenKm s interface didn't resize fluidly, Its kind of annoying to click refresh to get it utilize my new browser size and make The application looks Responsive its highly counteractive, I hope it can be addressed in coming release.

BTW. Thank you for fixing the Bug in version - restore Preview.
 #11339  by jllort

It's not exactly a bug. I decided not implementing it because there's a lot extra logic ... Initially 5-6 year ago was implemented, but I discard it ( -not a bug- ). OpenKM has a good look and feel because it's working with px, and we calculate height , width of many widgets, resizing means it must follow in dept all widget to resize them ... obviously it's possible but due extra logic I considered not implementing it.

I'll think with newer GWT release it's more easy to be implemented, because now are some widget listener that fire when parent widget resizes, that could make this job more easy and will not need so much logic ( spageti loggic ).

I've added in our issues tracking system http://issues.openkm.com/view.php?id=1681
 #11345  by jllort

The GWT resizing event is yet implemented for doing it, but I've still not upgraded all classes to impleting resize.

Actually we're on GWT 2.1.0 and upgrading to latest it'll be hard, because incubator widget ( other google gwt project ) has been deceased and the scroll table might be changed to newer on GWT. I think it'll be hard.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.