• MySQL

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #11185  by gvillaran

Hi, nice program, i was testing it and looks pretty nice, the only thing i dont like is that weird database that it uses, would be better if it comes with mysql
server.
 #11208  by jllort

You can configure on any dbms, take a look at bottom of instalation guide http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Installation_Guide

We've provide with hypersonic because it's embeded database and makes more easy starting OpenKM (with few minutes you've got OpenKM running ). Then if it's pleased with it - OpenKM - we understanding you'll take some time configuring with MySQL or other dbms.
 #14559  by vkasgpta

jllort wrote:You can configure on any dbms, take a look at bottom of instalation guide http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Installation_Guide

We've provide with hypersonic because it's embeded database and makes more easy starting OpenKM (with few minutes you've got OpenKM running ). Then if it's pleased with it - OpenKM - we understanding you'll take some time configuring with MySQL or other dbms.
You have a pretty good idea jllort. I thought it was weird that you were using HSQL instead of MySQL at first, but when i studied it i realised that for a start HSQL is a better choice then MySql. If people find OpenKM too hard to configure the first time, they may not even get to the testing stage and dump the product before even trying it. I can speak from experience, out of the 5 DMS i tested only 2 worked easily at the end of the day!
 #14577  by jllort

We have made as easy as we can, sincerally, but should understanding DMS is not a joke. And need minimal administrator skills to installing it, at least reading with patience two wiki pages.
 #14937  by vkasgpta

jllort wrote:We have made as easy as we can, sincerally, but should understanding DMS is not a joke. And need minimal administrator skills to installing it, at least reading with patience two wiki pages.
even then we (the users) screw up by not reading it and require you to point it to us how to allow users to be saved which is in red in the guide at the top :P

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.