• Quick search field

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #6769  by blindrood

Hi,
have You ever considered putting quick search field in main window of OpenKM?
It would be great and super fast to have simple field (for exapmle on the menu bar on top of the screen)
where I could easly search repository through file names.
If I need more complex search I go to search tab or filter by folder, but for quick search that field would be great

Even more great feature would be automatic putting focus into that field immediately after login

1. I login to OpenKM
2. OpenKM is loaded and I don't have to do anything more(no mouse clicking), I just type in quick search field
3. Press enter and voila, I see some simple window with search results

Easy and super fast :)
Last edited by blindrood on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #6777  by jllort

It's good suggestion. I'll add to our roadmap. If I could take some time I'll try to include into actual release ( 5.0 )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.