• Additional file format previews

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #6160  by Dann

Having image previews in OpenKM is awesome.

However, OpenKM does not give previews of Photoshop PSD files (as one example).
Upon doing a little bit of research, it's actually quite easy to implement psd previews, especially considering the only dependency I'm aware of is ImageMagick, one already required for image previews.

According to this site:
http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-se ... =3&t=11300

the command necessary to grab a psd preview is this:
convert 'file.psd'[0] -thumbnail 340x340 'output.png'
(apostrophe's are for handling spaces and weird characters. Having them in filenames might be problematic....)

(-thumbnail is optional)

I would really like to see psd previews in OpenKM 5.0, and I think the only requirement to implement this feature is adding .psd as a recognizable file format for previewing.

Another request, is allowing the system the option of previewing the ENTIRE file, or specifying a selection to be previewed (say, 50x50 only so things run faster)

I wouldn't mind writing these myself, but as the source code for the beta is unavailable and I don't want to duplicate any work, I'm going to post this here and see what happens.

I'm sure you hear this alot, but great job guys and gals!
 #6181  by jllort

In OpenKM 5.0 we've changed the previewing, now we include images, videos in same tab etc... we'll try to include psd too, seems really interesting.
 #6340  by pavila

The PSD preview support has just been added to OpenKM 5.0 in the source trunk.
 #11778  by rmm

Good day! I am also having a research about this, is frame maker supported in version 5.1.7?
Is there a way to view this kind of file type? If so, can you teach me how to do it?
My boss wanted to preview this file so that they can easily edit the raw pdf file as much as necessary.
Thank you!
 #11791  by pavila

I'm not familiar with FrameMarker file format. Can you attach a zipped sample file? Do you know a way to convert this kind of file to PDF?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.