• Submit new documents via email

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #6136  by andreash

Hi there,
I think it would be cool if it were possible to submit new documents via email. Many scanners have a 'scan to email' function. So i would scan-to-email a new document to a specific email address. OpenKM would then periodically check that address, and put all new documents (=attachments) into an Inbox, waiting for me to categorize them.
What do you think?
Cheers,
Andreas.
 #6179  by jllort

You can mapping via webdav OpenKM as a drive unit.
If you want to using mail, simply needs having imap server and configure under some user... OpenKM periodically reed all messages from imap server in some folder.
If it still not solves the problem to you, we can make special reading enhancement in OpenKM in order reading it. But we only make this kind of parametrization to our clients, if not must be waiting to our roadmap, and for us maximum priority are clients demands, in some way the sponsorize us, hope you can understand it.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.