• OpenKM user quota development status

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #4235  by spawn

Hi,
OpenKM is an excelent project but misses some useful features like user quota support, what is the status of this feature - it is listed in "Planned Features"???
 #4247  by jllort

Really we've been thinking on it, since version 2.0. but we've not done, because nobody seems interesting on it. I think that is good idea to have user quotes in order to control the repository growing, but since today nobody - you're the second this week :) - that has been talking about it.

I'd like to talk more about you, what you think about user quotes, and how do you imagine this enhancement. For example some question we've discussed but still not yet solved.
1- All users have quotes or someones don't haven't ?
2- How calculate the user repository size ? for example several users make some version os the same document. here we could imagine several policy, the most easy is that the last user who modifies a documents inherents all document size versions.
3- The other question is, a user is some moment he'd like to understand where is consuming size, to compact some information.
4- Seems logical in concordance with point tree, some reporting ( for user and for administrator ).
5- Other questions is there's some extra % repository size, when users exceed his quota ( it seems very easy do be done, and normal in quote systems ).

We'd like to know your opinion about it. And if you're thinking in quote system is because you've got a great repository - or you've got in mind - we'd like to understand it better. And make some aproximation to the enhancements that really become useful.
 #4257  by pavila

User quotas basis is included in OpenKM code. The only think to implement is the user quota check when an user uploads a new document. Anyway there are some little details to be polished: in case of a document with several revisions made by several users, how can I calculate the user doument size? Compute each individual revision to its comitter? But in this case, this document size can't be free until the whole document history is compacted.

I have created a new issue to manage this feature at http://issues.openkm.com/view.php?id=1298.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.