• "Preview tab" functionality.

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #3552  by tim

Now it works fine for doc, odt, pdf and other files that can be converted to swf and viewed.

I hope images will be previewed in this tab too in current image viewer functionality.
Will be useful to make functions resize, crop and convert format based on ImageMagick.
 #3555  by jllort

We could extend some preview image functions, but do you mean it'll be usefult to end user ? normally the operations that related by you seem more nearly to some image editor ( photoshop, gimp or other ). Probably some image operations that you suggest could be easilly implemented but not on direction to edit images simply for doing basic image transformations, resize and convert formats like you suggest.

The main objective it'll be downloading in this format, that's the idea for converting images to other formats ? but resize and crop functions it'll be to downloading purpose or only to show in screen ?
 #3560  by pavila

We can extend the preview feature to other files rather than documents. Images is a good target for this. I will annotate this in the "upcoming feature list" :)
 #5414  by cnok

It will be very useful for OpenKM users if they can preview all image in the folder as thumbnails insteads of only a file listing. We are planning to upload all document and photo files (mostly in jpeg) into OpenKM. But with thousands of photo images in many folders, it is hardly to decide which one to choose to work on if we have to waste time to download each of them for preview. I knew that image files can be viewed in preview tab in OKM 5.0. I hope that the preview tab will response fast enough to impress our users.

Regards,
 #5417  by jllort

Actually in contextual menu there's some preview images and videos ( in version 4.X it's not all concentrated in preview tab ). OpenKM 5.0 it's a plugable DMS it can be created new tabs etc... that allows to makes so configurable as company need ( hidden panels, menus and showing news etc... )
 #5418  by cnok

Yes, I knew that the preview is available in contextual menu in 4.x but to view 100 of images in one folder to find the one he wants. The user needs to do too many clicks and wait process. Especially if file size is very big.

Beside viewing FLV video, how can we configure OKM to preview other video file type (streaming)?
 #5419  by jllort

You're looking for something like thrumnails no ? changing file list to thrumnails that's the idea ?

I think viewer supports avi, mp4 the normal extension video files ... if you've got some problem report it and give us some example of video that you can not play ( try it first in our demo site )
 #5421  by cnok

Dear Jllort,

I don't have avi and mp4 that small enough to test on your demo site but wmv. I already uploaded a wmv file in a folder of my name on the demo already. From my FireFox 3.6.3, in contextual menu, the player is grayed out. It is the same for avi or mpeg. You may want to take a look in there.

Regards,
 #5453  by pavila

Video preview actually only works with FLV and MP4 video format.
 #5457  by cnok

Dear Pavila,

Yes, I tested with mp4 and flv. Works very well. Thank you.
 #15550  by michaeled

Ok, there is two type of mp4 format
2012-05-11_172212.jpg
2012-05-11_172212.jpg (5.35 KiB) Viewed 9590 times
The first dosn't work but the second work fine !

Michael.
 #15573  by jllort

previewer has some video format limitations.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.