• Multiple Logins of the same user

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #3327  by mkather

One big advantage of openKM is the fact that I can update my documentation
from everywhere

The problem that arises is that I might have forgotten log myself out at my last

So, I see 2 possible solutions of this problem: either I have multiple logins or, if this creates too many internal problem, let me log in a 2nd time and then force a logout on the 1st session.
 #3440  by pavila

Actually only one login per user is allowed because can cause problems with internal transactions. If a user session become inactive for 30 minutes, the system will close it automatically. Also you can contact you OpenKM administrator which can force a user logout.
 #4517  by wiliamjoan

I've taken on board the possible additional roles problem and assigned all access requirements to the generic authenticated user only.The OpenKM administrator uses the additional roles to decide what content is displayed.
 #7942  by jap_td03

How can i configure One user can only login at a time (no multiple logins)? pls help
thanks
 #7955  by jllort

From version 5.x we've introduced multiple login ( demanded by users and needed to user OpenKM web UI and some addind - office, open office - at same time ). The only way for doing it now is using cron tab, firing some periodical process and killing older sessions. But I would like understanding why you need it ?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.