• Add a button to get the download url of the file

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #306  by thuper

When I downloaded a file, I can see the url is like:
...../OpenKM/OKMDownloadServlet?id=%2Fokm%3Aroot%2Ftest%2Fhill.ppt

So can you add a botton to get this url of the selected file.
Then it\'s easy to link this file to other sites.
 #308  by jllort

We\'ve included on OpenKM 2.0. on file menu a new menu option called \"send document link\" -> this sends by mail.

This options sends by mail the OpenKM URI to open OpenKM and select the exact path document.

We\'ve been thinking is the best way to comunicate document url to users.

To download any file is mandatory to be loged on OpenKM.

The future option we\'ve been planing is to send document by attachement ( this it\'ll be userful for external OpenKM users ).

Note: Is not possible to link file to other sites, only is possible to get a file is your loged or this site has some login acreditation on OpenKM ?

Tell me more about why do you want to link OpenKM documents to external site?
 #315  by thuper

OK.You are right. I forgot it need to login.

We use this to share and manage documents in our group. And we have a wiki, too. So I was thinking if it\'s possible to add the links of documents to wiki.
 #317  by jllort

Continuing on your way, your idea is to share some documents to external openkm application, on your case a wiki.

We could study this case seems interesting, and setting a way to directly publish a download url, not a OpenKM one that needs login.

But for system integrity, we\'ll must add a new security grant called \"public\" that marks this document for downloading without login. This could be done without major problems with a url without security credential and allways testing that file demanded has public grant.

Other way is that on nearly future lease we\'ll mapping network resources, and sincronize them on OpenKM ( bidirectional ), then you could map on wiki network resource not OpenKM, but this, from by view point is a bad solution.

The main question, I think, is about security credentials. If it\'s a good idea to have some documents with public grants that not needs securiry login to download it.
 #622  by cstein

I would like to second the request for an easy way to get the URL of a particular document within the database. When you use the \"Send document link\" it does exactly what we need it to (the recipient of the e-mail clicks on the link and they are first prompted to login if they are not already logged in). The only problem with it is that we often need to compose an e-mail that refers to more than one document. Also, we are often in the middle of composing a message in our regular e-mail system and all we want to do is attach a link to a particular document, so having to send a separate e-mail message out of OpenKM interrupts the flow of communications.

So, if you simply added a command that said \"Copy document link\" which copied the link to the clipboard, then the user could do whatever they want with it. You don\'t need to make any changes to security or create public access or anything like that--we WANT people to login when they follow that link.

We also have an internal Wiki and we might use the same feature to paste a link to a particular document inside a Wiki page. Again, the same thing applies--when someone viewing the Wiki clicks on the link, they will first be prompted to login to OpenKM, which is exactly what we want to happen--if you don\'t have a user ID in OpenKM, we don\'t want you looking at the document.

Please, please, please consider this--it will be most helpful and it doesn\'t need to be any more complicated than that! Thanks.
 #627  by jllort

I\'ve been studing it to include in actual release, but I had some problems on UI. Really caused because we hide browser menu and there\'s no copy link browser link menu option. Then the option is to copy from javascript to computer clipboard and here\'s I still have\'nt found any satisfactorious solution. I\'ll continue trying it on next release.

I\'ll put this entry on our tracking system.
 #912  by jllort

This feature has been implemeted to OpenKM version 2.1 ( still not yet released ).

Only it\'ll be avaliable to Internet explorer and Firefox.

Firefox must enable it with:
To enable javascript Copy to Clipboard buttons on Firefox and Mozilla, enter the following line into browser address bar:

* about:config

The list of preferences should open in browser window. Click right mouse button somewhere in active part of preference list window and choose New > Boolean option from context menu. Paste the following Preference name into the New boolean value window input box:

* signed.applets.codebase_principal_support

Set boolean value to true for Firefox or enter true or 1 for Mozilla. Keep in mind that Preference names are case-sensitive.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.