• Indication of new files

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #281  by peter

Hi,

I have been working with OpenKM for 3 months now and I am happy to see how the application has evolved in that period.

I do however want to ask if it is possible that when a new document has been placed in OpenKM some kind of notification is visible.

I am not talking about that people can send an e-mail(which is a great feature) but that maybe the folder that contains the new document has a different appearence (maybe a star icon?).

also when a document has been placed in a folder that folder update date is not changed. is it not possible that when a new document has been added to a folder (or a subfolder of a folder) that the modified date changes to the date that the document was uploaded?

hoefully i have explained my suggestion well enough. i look foreward to seeing youre responce.

Peter
 #282  by jllort

We\'ll I\'ll tell you something about new OpenKM evolution after 2.0.

1- About new documents, if you are subscribed on root node you\'ll be noticied by mail all changes on OpenKM documents ( too much notification is tedious ). For it we\'ll introduce a new desktop view (now desktop, search ) that we call dashboard here we\'ve planned to have:

- Show last 10-20 documents that users has edited.
- Show documents edited by user ( locked ).
- Show last 10-20 documents modified on OpenKM ( we\'re not sure about it ).
- Execute a batch queries ( only from date -> last time login since now ) -> this take an overview of changes that could be interesting to user. The idea of it is that user collect interesting information that has defined after login ( a push service aproximation ).

About changing date on folder, we are inspired on tipical OS, that not changes folder date -> only when modify folder not contents on it. We consider is the correct aproximation. We could continue speaking about it, we\'re interesting to know why the change you propose could be usefult, on that way, what problem solves it ... understanding why, we could found better solution.

About mark some documents -> who it\'ll made, the end user ? and which is the objective of it, remark that has been made a great change between version -> the idea is to mark this major change on a visible way ?

Thanks for your impressions always are welcome.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.