• Community edition roadmap

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #49990  by kentavros

Hello,

I have recently installed 6.3.9 CE and found it very usable, however, it is very much behind the commercial versions. Is there a CE roadmap which would give us an idea of the timeline for a move to 6.4 or 7?

Thanks,
Ken
 #50009  by jllort

The community version usually is at least 3 years behind the commercial version. Version 6.4.x is going to arrive at the end of its life in about 1-2 years, really almost efforsts are currently focused in version 7 and version 6.4 is in support status ( fix issues when found but we are not introducing new feature in that branch ).

Currently we are working in extending the REST API of the community version to share as methods as be possible. After finished this point we will release a new version of the SDK's for the community.
 #50025  by kentavros

Thank you for the response. It is good to know what is coming down the road.

I am new to this field and I have considered for a personal project other opensource systems such as alfresco and nuxeo. I found that openkm ce offers the best combination of installation ease and feature set and just wanted to say thanks for contnuing to make openkm ce available as a free product with straightforward installation.
 #50027  by jllort

Thanks for your support. You are welcome.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.