• REQ: Documentation

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #213  by Romeriz

Hello all,

I would like to make the suggestion that some time should be spent on a more complete documentation set. The current ones seem so very brief that a new user will struggle (i.e. me)

Regards,

Romeriz
 #214  by jllort

After releasing OpenKM 2.0 stable will made some efforts on that direction ( before not ). Actually we\'re finishing new administration and some enhancements, when this it\'ll be finished we\'ll apply a better web design. After goes documentation.

Sorry for it, but we must set some priorities on our roadmap ( we\'ve not have more sources to do it ). We understand obviously that good documentation is always needed, we think that actual covers well since OpenKM 1.2 ( not OpenKM 2.0, but this is still on beta release, we\'ll not document since we arribe at stable stage, consider we\'ve got a hard job on migration 1.2 to 2.0 repositories -> not trivial ).
 #215  by Romeriz

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I understand to priorities. I do believe that for OpenKM to succeed it will need documentation.

Perhaps a call to community members, could they add documentation \"snippets\" to the wiki so that the major areas could be covered. Then at least it will allow the development team to stablise and finalise releases?

Regards,

Romeriz.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.