• OCR Relationship

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #41554  by alkadeem

Thank you for reply
could you tell me how to solve this problem in ubuntu 15
because I have the same problem....
all configure all the setting what you tell me about and I have this problem..
Thank you
 #41556  by jllort

Which is your system.ocr parameter ? Did you tryed from command line the tesseract ?
 #41567  by alkadeem

yes I did it .
and I result for it but I could not do it in openkm
 #41571  by jllort

Do not lose more time, you should have something strange or missing. If you have a trial I suggest ask for help to sales team for support on it ( http://www.openkm.com/en/contact.html ). In the query add the this post url to have all the history. They can authorize as to do a fast check to your installation.
 #41664  by alkadeem

I have some text , it was written by hand .
I try to convert the PDF file to text file but show me some characters , do not the same text.
I use OCR in openKM professional .
I already install tesseract .
could you help me to solve this problem.
Thank you
 #41680  by jllort

You do not need an OCR ( Optical "CHARACTER" Recogniction ) you need an ICR (Intelligent Character Recognition ) which are able to recognise hand made scripts. Anyway ICR is usually used with forms, not with hand made papers. Take in mind this point, usually recognises characters is boxes ( filling forms where each character goes into horizontal couple of boxes to be filled ).

Usually ICR are expensive engines. Finally if you are user of OpenKM professional version ( not trial ) should doing yours question from our customer website center, if you are user of trial version this is the right place.
 #41773  by alkadeem

how to integrate wordpress with openkm professional trail.
I tried many times but does not work
Thank you
 #41778  by alkadeem

How to integrate Abbyy with Openkm professional version ?
Thank you
 #41787  by jllort

Hi alkadeem for it you should require support from sales & marketing, which will authorize technical staff for helping you on it. Some features are not trivial installation or are based on an specific customizations. About Abby you are talking about ocr4linux ( abby ocr engine ) or abby flexicapture ? however for any of then should talk to sales & marketing guys.
 #42230  by alkadeem

Hello Friend,
I work on OCR capture and it work 100% but I do not know to retrieve the data which already extract it.
I put screenshot from the OCR ,
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.95 KiB) Viewed 23767 times
Thank you
 #42236  by jllort

You have two options, when you upload a document, manually in cotextual menu ( right click in the document ) there's a menu option named OCR Data Capture. Another option is create automation task, ( empty validation rule indicate whole repository or PathContains indicate subfolder and childs and you can choose between two actions OCRDataCapture or OCRDataCaptureWizard ).
 #42255  by alkadeem

Thank you for your answer ,
Please,
How can I retrieve data from Metadata by using Database Query in Utilities ,
Thank you
 #42259  by jllort

Metadata is stored at OKM_NODE_PROPERTY where the value of column NPG_NODE is the uuid of the document ( you can get it from properties tab in the desktop UI when the document is selected ).
 #42262  by alkadeem

Hello friend ,
I need to retrieve the value of result in data tab,
you can see it in the screenshot.
Thank you
Attachments
captur1.png
captur1.png (17.47 KiB) Viewed 23743 times
 #42263  by jllort

As you configured the data will be captured and stored in the metadata field named okp:consulting.code ( in contextual menu have OCR data capture option -> also are automation task for doing it automatically but at the present for testing probably the manual option will be the easiest for testing ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.