• Add an embeded users administration for text based

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #15  by jllort

Somethimes we\'ve been thinking to put on OpenKM and embeded administration user system via Web, independing of course with DBMS, LDAP integration, to manage what now is users.properties and roles.properties.

OpenKM don\'t wants to create and extra repository of users on intranet, we think that each company administrator stablishes security roles ( database / ldap / windows / etc.. ) and we think that a good dms policy is to be integrated on company users repository, not to create others on paralel that dificults administrator task.

But for more basic installations, OpenKM users are administrated via users.properties and roles.properties. It\'ll be good for administrator to have a web admin tool to administrate users on this cases ?
 #64  by peter

i have been testing and using OpenKM for a couple of weeks now. i find that the absence of an user and groups administiring tool,in my situation(a small business), is a real headache.

i think that including a simple administor console for creating and admninistiring groups and users would be a great feature.

i would like to know what you think about this.

Peter
 #68  by jllort

Yes really it\'s something that we\'ve been thinking about it.

At first we\'ve not decided to do it, because we want that OpenKM connects to company users repository, we want that this way shows clear, because some DMS creates a paral.lel users repository, and we don\'t want it.

But really for small companies, could be interesting to take a web administration tool with OpenKM admin menu that enables to create users an set groups.

We\'ll plan an embeded database to sets users and roles mantained by a new admin option menu on OpenKM 2.X
 #980  by regisit

Hi,

I think this is absolutely essential functionality. I\'ve just installed OpenKM on a test server with a view to implementing it for a client of ours. It seems neat and simple to use from a user perspective, offering just what is needed for a simple DMS. The intention of the test installation was to see how users/groups/rights are administered. I\'m a little disappointed to see no interface at all for administering users. Editing text files directly on the server means this is not something I could recommend to my clients, unless they get us to admininster the access rights.

My personal opinion is that this needs to go straight to the top of the list of features. If it has already, when will this feature be available? If soon (i.e. within the next few weeks) then we can perhaps go ahead with an interim process of manually editing rights files.

Tks,
Adam
 #981  by jllort

Hello regisit,

Seven months ago when was on OpenKM 1.2 there was no web user administration but since version 2.0 is available on OpenKM profesional edition, not on community version.

On new OpenKM version 3.0 we\'ll increment web administration enhancements probably with some pdf reports ( jaspers ) and other improvements.

Althought now is not avaliable web administration on community, it\'s possible that release some lite one on next OpenKM 3.0 version, I hope you can understand that community version must have less functionalities than professional one, to mantain some coherence between both.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.