• Acknowledgement alert generation.

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #31266  by PrachiM

Hello,
My question is if we consider following senario,
Creator and the Reviewer are two users here and
when the document is rejected by the Reviewer, the Workflow goes back to the Creator. However, inspite of the fact that an Email has been sent and the Workflow has gone back to the Creator, there is no way for a Reviewer to know if the Creator has indeed acknowledged the same. Hence, if possible, can we incorporate an Alert feature within OpenKM where the Creator can Alert the Reviewer that he has acknowledged the need to rework.

I have achived the part of sending email as mentioned in the above senario, but is it possible to generate Acknowledgement alert in OpenKM????
 #31291  by jllort

I'm not sure if I understood. You can assign some metadata -> property group ( date for reviewer alert and user reviewer), then based on crontab task, execute a daily query looking for documents with property group data like actual day or older and send mail to user review ( based on metadata user field saved ).

Is that what you want to doing ?
 #31301  by PrachiM

Thanks for the reply.
I am sorry I may have not made the requirement clear, actually what I wanted to achieve is as following,
Consider a scenario where creator is one user group, and reviewer is another user group,
Creator started the workflow about a document and sends it to the reviewer to review the same.If reviewer rejects the document then workflow again goes back to the creator and creator gets a mail saying the document is rejected by reviewer.
Now, I want to send acknowledgment alert to the reviewer saying that the rejected document has gone to the creator for rework .
Is there any way i can send these type of acknowledgement alerts in OpenKM?
 #31325  by jllort

Really you said the word, workflow. Openkm comes with workflow engine, you should create a workflow and can send mails on each transaction node like other business logic. Take a look here http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Workflow_Guide

In 3-4 weeks will release a complete an plugable development environment. We will advice about it on next newsletter.
 #31360  by PrachiM

In the following workflow in the case of transition "creatorReview" ,the task gets assigned to the creator.
I want to send an acknowledgement alert to Reviewer about the task is getting assigned to the creator.
Is it possible to do in OpenKM?
Please find the img attachment of workflow.
Attachments
Screenshot_Crop.png
Screenshot_Crop.png (15.81 KiB) Viewed 5465 times
 #37418  by pavila

You can create an AssigmentHandler and notify the required user about the assignment.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.