• File Sorting

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #30554  by wmelon

Currently the only way I am aware of that I am able to sort files in OpenKM is by Name, Title, Date, Version, etc.

I find this lacking, as I do not have full control of how my documents are sorted. Is it possible to have a "Priority" column (like in qbittorrent) where I can sort files by priority and change the priority on files by moving them up or down? This way I decide the order in which my files are listed.

It would also be a plus if I could export a folder with the files in that folder sorted according to the Priority number. I guess this could be done by prefixing the Priority number to the file name.

Such a feature would be essential to places like law firms where it makes sense to store files on a client in particular order.

--
wm
 #30567  by jllort

Hi,

In professional version we can show metadata associated to document in file browser view, and can be ordered by this column. Actually this feature is still not present in community version. You got two options, jump to professional or be waiting to next major upgrade ( at middle of next year )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.