• Property groups SOAP API?

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #105  by mmanley

Are there any plans to expose the PropertyGroups API through the web services API? Being able to let other applications search content through the custom properties we set up would really make PropertyGroups very useful to me.

Thanks.

MSM
 #106  by mmanley

Never mind on the \"search\" part of this request. I understand now that I can search on property groups using the findByStatement() call.

But being able to specify property group values from outside applications is still very appealing.
 #108  by pavila

Yes, you can search by property groups using WS (in theory almost!) The property groups API it not fully exposed by WS. I\'ll study if we can inluse this improvement in the next release.
 #115  by mmanley

I figured out how to search the custom property groups. If I pass the following Xpath query to Search.findByStatement() I get what I want:

//*[jcr:contains(@okp:mypropertygroup.myproperty, \'myvalue\')]

Granted, that query will also return items in the Trash that contain the searched property, but I think I can add a clause to the Xpath to suppress that.
 #116  by pavila

This query will search only for documents in the main repository path (okm:root).
Code: Select all
/jcr:root/okm:root//element(*,okm:document)[jcr:contains(@okp:mypropertygroup.myproperty, \'myvalue\')]

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.