Electronic signature

Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
stargaizer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Electronic signature

Post by stargaizer » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 am

Hello,

are there any plans to support signatures? Or does the JCR specification support this?

Matthias

jllort

Re:Electronic signature

Post by jllort » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 am

Yes, Signital signature is planned and studied how must be implemented. Is an enhancement studied but not yet planned when we\'ll do it.
-------------------------------------------------
OpenKM Team ( be open my friend )
http://www.openkm.com

Furgas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Electronic signature

Post by Furgas » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:55 am

Any news on that feature?

jllort

Post by jllort » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:01 pm

Yes, it'll be developed as a openkm plugin ( but depending your country it could be some diference ). Althought it'll be done as OpenKM 5.0. plugin it'll not comes with default intallation ( we're actually studying with which plugin will comes 5.0 and which it'll needed to buy, etc... )

dferguson
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dferguson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:33 pm

I have found the Digital Signature toolkit 1.0.2, but is it compatible with a Linux deployment? The downloaded version I found seems to be a Windows only installer.

dferguson
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dferguson » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Never mind, I found that the Digital Signature Toolkit works in Windows (on the client level) to upload and attach a digital signature to the pdf directly to the repository (which is on a Linux vm). Not quiet what I was expecting, but should be sufficient.

jllort

Post by jllort » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Digital signature tools comes only for windows. There are another options for digital signature but needs all of them some kind of customization. That's the reason why we have only released a windows version what covers almost cases, however there're other services like automatic signature, safe repository based in long term signatures system or sign server integration ( based in rest ) among other options like biometric signature or thirdparty integrations.

dferguson
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dferguson » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:05 pm

I have tried using the digital signature tool and it seems fine until a second signature is applied through the tool by a second user. It invalidates the first signature. Am I doing this wrong?

jllort

Post by jllort » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Why do you think the second signature invalidates the first ?
Explain the process how you are signing ( step by step, from the first until the second, with small description what help us imagine how the user is doing it ).

dferguson
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dferguson » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:07 pm

I can add a doc to the OpenKM Digital Signature Client and apply a signature just as it is intended. Open the doc shows that signature is applied and valid.

Upon adding a second signature (by a second user) through the OpenKM Digital Signature Client all goes well and the document is updated in OpenKM.

However when I download that doc and look at the signatures, only the last signature is valid. When I try to look at the previous signatures in the Signature Panel it says that the document has been corrupted.

I have since developed a workflow without the OpenKM Digital Signature Client, but I will reproduce the error and try to post up some screen captures.

jllort

Post by jllort » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:51 am

If it's possible you share with us the 3 documents ( not signed, with one signature and with two signature will try to review it ). Also do some screenshots for understanding how are you doing the second signature and will try to reproduce in the same way.