• How to add a language into OpenKM

• Help us to spread the OpenKM word translating the applicacion to your preferrd language.
Help us to spread the OpenKM word translating the applicacion to your preferrd language.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #6572  by lkngan

Hi,
I'm newbee. i'm from Viet Nam
I want to ask you this problem: how to add a language in to OpenKM.
I want to add our language that haven't got in "tool\language", so how must i do?
Help me, please!

Thanks a lot!
LKNgan
 #6594  by lkngan

jllort wrote:To add new language to OpenKM must compile project. If you want to add new language contact with us using our website contact form at http://www.openkm.com/Contact
Many thanks for reply. I will send our language package to you via contact. Then help me re-compile project.
Thanks again!

LKNgan.
 #6615  by jllort

OK,

Have you translated for version 4.x or for 5.x ? have you contacted before with us, to give to you the file to be translated or you've downloaded from svn ?
 #6664  by lkngan

jllort wrote:OK,

Have you translated for version 4.x or for 5.x ? have you contacted before with us, to give to you the file to be translated or you've downloaded from svn ?
Dear Mr. jllort,
I have been sent to you an email via the contact at your homepage. I sent to the Lang_zh_VN.java, too.
Now I using the version 4.1.
P/S: The Lang_zh_VN.java is file that i downloaded from Lang_zh_CN.java, then translate it into the Lang_zh_VN.java, whether it is possible or not, Sir?

Thanks and best regards!
Attachments
(9.12 KiB) Downloaded 1509 times
 #6673  by jllort

We've included in actual svn. Next OpenKM release it'll come with that translation file by default.
 #24303  by dummy

Hi,
I am also a vietnamese user of OpenKM version 6.2.3 and then upgrade to 6.2.4.
During past 2 months of using, I realized that the Vietnamese language pack translated by LKNgan has a lot of mistakes in the context meanings. I tried to understand the keyword in the real context and make my own translation up to date. Can I suggest for a new updated language pack of Vietnamese and make it included in the new distribution of OpenKM?

Vu Huy Phuong
 #24329  by jllort

You can give us your suggestions and updated vietnamese file that will replace the actual file into wiki language pack. If you forward us a your sql pack please include general translation term, not specific in your business environment.
 #24339  by jllort

I will send my email in private or simply post here into .zip file.
 #24371  by jllort

In administration -> configuration parameters you can change welcome message is that ? otherside other kind of change will need patch or source code change.

If you put here some screenshot will be more easy to me to understand which change you got in mind.
 #24389  by jllort

The welcome can be changed at administration -> configuration parameteres http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Configuration_view
Code: Select all
text.welcome=<p>Welcome to OpenKM !</p><p>Use a valid username and password to access to OpenKM user Desktop.</p> 
About other text files, are not internationalized, you need to open OpenKM.war ( with winrar or other zip archiver ), and then modify login.jsp

* stop tomcat
* Backup OpenKM.war
* edit login.jsp
* replace older OpenKM.war for new
* delete webapp/OpenKM work/Catalina/localhost folders
* start tomcat

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.