• OpenKM deleting user appear in the user list in the security tab of this/these folder(s)

• Help us to spread the OpenKM word translating the applicacion to your preferrd language.
Help us to spread the OpenKM word translating the applicacion to your preferrd language.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42063  by orxansalvador

I am running OpenKM 6.2. I have some problem when deleting user. I have lot of folders with specific security users and groups configured on a per folder basis. When I delete a user from users list, he is not removed from folder's security users list. If this deleted user had security permission on a folder or sub-folder, he still appear in the user list in the security tab of this/these folder(s).I need that permissions on folders/sub-folders are fixed at the time a user is deleted. Also we have already deleted a bunch of users, but they are still appearing in users permissions list of folders, we need this to be fixed as well, users that are not in users list any more should not appear in folder's security user list. It would be better if everything is fixed at the moment we delete a user from the user list, but if it is easier to have this fixed in an asynchronous process that run for example each night it would be ok also. The OpenKM implementation is in production, so we must be absolutely sure the system will continue to run without problem, it is not acceptable to have the system going down for a long time, or to loose any data.
 #42078  by jllort

First of all, having user or role applied into some node, when this user or role no longer exists in your system, is not dangerous, simply it doesn't have any use.

Imagine for example you delete a user by mistake, if we also delete all the security applied for him in the nodes you will not be able to recovering from it. That's the reason why, when you delete a user or role, this change is not propagated to the security nodes. Also take in mind, this user which no longer exists has created documents, this information will continuing being there for historical reason ( hope this point is clear ).

We'll in professional version we have a feature for deleting under demand the security applied for users and roles. In community edition must be done by hand from Database Search view. Basically with simple delete of the tables OKM_NODE_USER_PERMISSION and OKM_NODE_ROLE_PERMISSION

Execute this query and you quickly see the table structure
  • SELECT * FROM OKM_NODE_USER_PERMISSION limit 5;

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.