• OKMFolder.isValid doesnt work as documented (openkm 5.1.11)

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #18825  by pmbsa

I have been tearing my hair out now for 2 hours trying to work out what was wrong with the document path I was passing into this web service method
because it kept throwing a PathNotFoundException (the avoidance of which I understood to be its reason for being) only to discover that there is nothing at all wrong with the path but with the method its self.
If you pass in a path that does exist it works perfectly (as in a 'true' value is returned as expected). But if you pass in a path that doesnt exist (which I would have thought would result in a 'false' result as per the documentation) it throws an exception instead. Not the most useful it must be said.

The same method on OKMDocument behaves in exactly the same fashion..

Hopefully this will save somebody else from wasting any of there time.
 #18841  by jllort

isValid supposes the path exists and returns only is existing path is folder, document etc... if you want to know if path exists or not ( not if it's folder or document etc... ) you should use hasNode method in Repository webservices API

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.