• Third Party Integration over URL

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #18282  by b1nd

Hello Everybody,
Not quite sure whether this is the correct place for posting about this problem, sorry otherwise :)
I'm in the market for finding a solution KMS that will integrate with one of our database systems. I need to create a proof of concept in order to demonstrate whether OpenKMS will fit our requirements.
The requirements are as follows:
1) OpenKMS needs to be able to take parameters from a URL call from Third Party software (i.e 127.0.0.1?p1=x&p2=y&p3=z). Then, OpenKMS will have to create folders for each of them.
- I am able to write a script that takes an array of arguments, but have been having trouble using libraries to keep a script running permanently to listen for network packets.
or
2) OpenKMS needs to be able to read from from a text file that contains a batch of all these parameters.

Preference goes to 1) because it is a more centralised system and option 2) requires a middle-man application to convert these requests.

Any information on a solution or POF would be fantastic :)

Aside: Running Windows x64 machine (but am well versed in Linux if required)

Kind Regards
:)
 #18293  by jllort

Obviously for doing it you should extend openkm actual features. Is not clear to me if you're going to have some security hole doing it, because anybody can build this url ... you have not talked about security ... I would like before give to you some idea you talk about it.
 #18307  by b1nd

Hey!
Firstly, thanks for the reply.
Secondly, security isn't a problem in this case. The string being passed will not be need to be private or secure, therefore there is not need for any encryption.
I simply just want to extend openKMS so that it listens for example on a socket for an incoming connection. Than upon a validated String, will create a directory within openKMS pertaining to that string.

:) Hope this helps
 #18321  by jllort

The most easiest way for doing it is add some jsp into OpenKM.war ( I suggest for doing tests in a non production environment !!!!, explode OpenKM.war into /server/default/deploy/OpenKM folder and delete OpenKM.war file ).

I suggest try create jsp file directly into /OpenKM folder into the jsp try something like
Code: Select all
import com.openkm.api.*;
import com.openkm.core.*;
import com.openkm.bean.*;

String token = JcrSessionManager.getInstance().getSystemToken();
System.out.println(token)
Then with this token you'll be able to make any operation across repository.
 #18354  by b1nd

Hey,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm actually running Windows version of OpenKMS atm and the directories are completely different.
Would you suggest running OpenKMS on Linux distro instead?

Also, I believe I'm going to have to reverse engineer the use of tokens throughout the WAR, because currently i have limited understanding on how to use these to integrate Socket networking and then how to parse this input into the system to create folders etc.

Any guidance on this would also be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Clint
 #18558  by pavila

Linux offer best performance in the same hardware, so I can recommend it for server tasks.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.