• necessary features (sorry for the bad subject)

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #15163  by eof

I am getting ready to get started on a rather large and comprehensive CMS project.

The jist is that there will be sort of mother site with a certain set of features that can spawn these sub sites with their own other features.

As an oh-by-the-way we got a, 'we need a fully featured document management system with version control and workflow.'

So I am doing my research and here I am. We will be working with Drupal for both the mother and daughter sites and already have plans for a dedicated solr/lucene box.

I see that openkm supports CAS so I think we are probably good to go. I would prefer something PHP based, but it doesn't seem any of the php solutions are up to snuff with either features or activity that is going on here.

Things we will definitely need that I am hoping someone can comment on how much heavy lifting is going to be needed:

* Direct http access of files; preferably a consistent URL for a given file even after it is updated. [ie we can have just one link to a file and the file can keep being updated but the URL for the 'latest file' will never change

* Document creation via some sort of webservice (so someone can upload a file into drupal and we can send the file and metadata to openkm)

* External authentication for file creation/access

* Web service at workflow completion (ie; after a file has been approved; execute some arbitrary code or update some external resource)

General questions I have are:
* We are going to end up having multiple 'sites' running on a single box and will want effectively different sets of files available for each of the sites; potentially to the point of not having a single administrator with access to all of them; is this possible with a single openkm installation; and/or is it possible to have dozens of openkm installations running simultaneously?

* Are there any known integrations with Drupal?

Fwiw, we are trying to talk them out of some of their requested features; but if that doesn't fly it looks very likely that openkm will be what we turn to. Any code created on the drupal end to marry the two will be released as a module.

Thanks
Geoff
 #15192  by jllort

Hi,

Actually there is not integration with drupal but if some customer or partner should need it, could be implemented without major problems. I will try response major of your questions.

1- php technology is not good idea for applications that has middle or hight complexity, complex applications use technologies like java for implementing large software problems ( that's obviously my opinion and my expertice, take as is, I am not a guru of anything, and I think each technology has his own space to be applied.

2- The idea is always using webservices with thirdparty applications. all operations you can do with openkm can be done with webservices. Sicnerally now I do not have in mind if workflow api is exposed or not, if not I think could be done without major problems.

If you want we collaborate with integrations with drupal etc... I suggest you contact with us in our website contact form, and indicate this post. We'll be pleased collabore with you like other companies in growing openkm usage.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.