• JDK1.5/JDK1.6 WebService Functionality

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #3330  by acehlis

I\'ve come across an odd behavior that I am trying to resolve. Initially, I was running OpenKM 3.0, JBoss 4.2.2, and JDK 1.5.0_22. I was using GlassFish 2UR2 JDK 1.5.0_22 as a WebService Client and able to search and retrieve documents via Servlets on GlassFish.

I then decided it was time to upgrade my JDK on OpenKM from 1.5.0_22 to 1.6.0_17 and my GlassFish Server to version 2.1.1, also running JDK 1.6.0_17. Oddly enough my WebService Client Servlets failed to function anymore. I wasn\'t sure which upgrade presented the problem so I began researching the limited errors I was getting. A GlassFish forum presented this bug https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/s ... gi?id=8518 that seemed similar. However I did attempt to use Woodstox and that didn\'t resolve the issue.

After further testing, I was able to get the WebService client to function on GlassFish 2.1.1 running JDK 1.6.0_17, by using JDK 1.5.0_22 on the OpenKM 3.0/JBoss 4.2.2 instance. Any ideas as to why WebService Client functionality would cease when OpenKM was using JDK 1.6.0_17? Has anyone else ran into anything similar?

Adam

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.