• Google-like user front end

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50331  by IanMayo

The full UI is great for Adminstrators & Maintainers.

I'd like to provide a front-end that's much, much simpler for users that just want to run search on the data.

I know the REST API would allow a simple static HTML front-page to be created that can handle simple and complex search.

Does anyone know of such an implementation? If not, I'd be reasonably willing to create an Open Source instance.
 #50333  by jllort

You can build your own user interface using REST API. It is quite easy. I suggest take a look at available SDK's at docs.openkm.com ( .net, java, php ) fo r this purpose or directly using node.js
 #50334  by IanMayo

Hi there,
I think it's actually simpler than that.

I don't think it needs a server-side element at all. I think it can be solved via client-side javascript in a static web-page.

But, thanks for the feedback :-)
 #50335  by jllort

The static page should be in the server-side because you need to be authenticated ( and that's the easiest scenario ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.