• Open CMIS and OpenKM

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44989  by Dev

Hi,
i am developing an web application with JSF and OpenKM 6.3.1 as a document system. i am using OpenCMIS to communicate with OpenKM. All the required use cases working fine. The issue is, when i create document with OpenCMIS, the Document.getId() method returning uploaded document full path instead of UUID.
how can i get UUID from that OpenCMIS Document object.

Regards,
Arif
 #44997  by jllort

At the begining I will had recommended our OpenKM JAVA SDK rather cmis, basically because you will get more control, more features ( all the api exposed ) etc.. from CMIS I think you have a method named getProperties

Only for your information check this url https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/sdk4j-1.1/
 #45003  by Dev

Yes, OpenKM JAVA SDK is the better option with more control. but i am not in the situation to use OpenKM SDK because my application may have different document management system for different client.
However as you mentioned CMIS Properties object, i have found the UUID in the property 'Version Series Id'.
Thanks for your help. :)

Regards,
 #47161  by jllort

We consider SOAP a deprecated technology what do not recommend using it. In near future we will remove this kind of suspport.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.