• Passing document text to document service 'create'

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #187  by barrywalker

Is there currently a way to pass in a document\'s text using the document web service? Since you guys don\'t support an OCR extractor yet, I want to do the OCR client side and pass the extracted text along with the rest of the document when I add it to the repository. However, when I look at the create method, the closest thing I see is the \'keywords\' property on the Document object, but that\'s not really what I want.

Thanks,
Barry
 #189  by barrywalker

I did - and the Document object only has a contents property, which is the actual document. I need to send the document (a TIFF image as byte[]) and the text contents of that document (string).

I also need to have the text contents indexed for searching.

Is this possible using the current implementation?
 #199  by pavila

Document.create have only 3 parameters because OpenKM extract the text from the specified document content (MS Office, OpenOffice, HTML, RTF, etc.) So, if you want to extract text from the TIFF image, the OCR should be integrated at server level.

The other option is send document content as a parameter as you say, but need some API modifications. Perhaps can be included in a future release.

Also you can Contact us for Professional Support.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.