• SOAP Webservice, ScannClient Integration

• Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #31255  by MattFisch2

Our company uses OpenKM 6.3.1 CE and we want to scan documents give them some metadata and upload them into our openkm database.
Im a complete beginner with SOAP and webservice.
We have a scanclient which provides scanning and now i have to programm something which uploads the scanned document with metadata into openkm.
Is it possible for a normal person to make something like this or is it too hard?

If it is possible.. can you give me suggestions where to start? since i have no idea where to begin.
 #31280  by jllort

Did you take a look at our client ( Windows scaning tool ) at our download section http://www.openkm.com/en/download-english.html ? Also can add metadata from there.

If it's not enought for you, I encourage use our .net sdk for connecting with openkm http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/SDK_for_.NET
 #31430  by MattFisch2

im now using your sdk for .Net and currently developing in C#.

I have a proplem calling this Method: OKMFormElementBean[] getPropertyGroupForm(String token, String grpName);

i get the following error:An unhandled exception of type 'com.openkm.ws.OKMWebserviceException' occurred in OKMWebservice.dll

Additional information: Webservices not supported

what does that mean? all the other Methods are working perfectly fine... just this one is giving me this error!
some code:
Code: Select all
//select metadatagroup for the uploaded document
String metadataGrp = "okg:Belege";

//Initialise WebService
OKMWebservice webservice = null;
webservice = OKMWebServiceFactory.getInstance(host, user, password, OKMWebServiceFactory.COMMUNITY_6_0);

//prepare token
 String token = "";
 token = webservice.login();
Code: Select all
OKMFormElementBean[] metadataProperties = webservice.getPropertyGroupForm(token, metadataGrp);
openkmError.PNG
openkmError.PNG (13.77 KiB) Viewed 3523 times
Thanks in advance!

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.