• zip - error importing file

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #992  by mmart

Importing documents with zip file will result in java.lang.IllegaArgumentException, when there are extended characters in included documents filenames.

To reproduce
[file name=test.zip size=174]http://www.openkm.com/images/fbfiles/files/test.zip[/file]
Add document
pick file \"test.zip\"
check \"import documents\"
press send

Regards,
Mart Moldau
 #995  by tidus2728

Hi mmart,

I think OpenKM does not recognize your entended character set as they should be. If OpenKM sees them as spaces or underbars then it will display this error. I have documents in our system that have titles in Japanese font but have been uploaded successfully. You should name the files using the character set in the keyboard and not the ASCII equivalents to prevent such error.

Thanks.
 #996  by mmart

Hi

Everything works well when I upload this file uncompressed. I guess that zip files do not include information about encoding of the file names and OpenKM expects them to be in utf or something similar.
When this is the case, I think it is possible to make it better by catching this exception and retrying uncompression assuming that filenames are encoded using character set specified by client browser.
Even when this can\'t be done, error message like \"Unsupported character in filename: Ä\" will make more sense to users.

Regards,
Mart

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.