• Import folders no web gui

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #94  by jlx

Hi

We are using OpenKM as an interface to let access to our documents. But we need to mantain two repositories: our documentation server (only intranet access) and openkm server for external access. We\'d like to keep openkm \"synchronize\" with the main documentation server without doing it manually: login as system and importing all the folders.
Is there any way to do this? some kind of command line parameters?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
 #95  by pavila

How is implemented your documentation server?
 #96  by jlx

Hi

It\'s a windows 2000 server. We access the folders and documents using Netbios. It\'s a normal windows network.
OpenKM will be hosted in a Ubuntu server. My idea is to mount the folders using samba and programming a script to import folders to OpenKM.
I don\'t know if this is possible or I should try another way.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
 #99  by pavila

You can import the whole repository (based on filesystem) into OpenKM and work always from OpenKM interface. You need to login as system to view the admin menu, and the import option.
 #31231  by goolmoon7

You could get other problem the OpenKM icon asociated to this mime-type, but I think - not sure - you could be on luck because exist a icon named x-shellscript.gif on OpenKM.war at img/mime/application/ , with your mime declaration I think it\'ll get this icon.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.