• Create new user via web services?

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #20742  by olsonea

I can't seem to find a web service that will create a new user. Does one exist that is unpublished?

LDAP authentication is not an option for me.
 #20790  by jllort

There's no webservice method to create a new user. Explain your scenario and we will try to find some solution. Why and when is needed to create a new user remotelly.
 #21112  by pavila

This only have sense if you using default DatabasePrincipalAdapter, but of you are using another external user and role sources like LdapPrincipalAdapter it would not make sense because you can't create users or roles.
 #21489  by olsonea

jllort wrote:There's no webservice method to create a new user. Explain your scenario and we will try to find some solution. Why and when is needed to create a new user remotelly.
When a new user registers on our Wordpress site, I want to automatically create an account for them in OKM. Manually creating an account for each user will be time/cost prohibitive.
 #21517  by jllort

That simply can be implemented with minimal php code ( or other ). You can make a call to you php with some data which is needed to created an user account.
You will need your OpenKM configured under mysql -> and then make the proper inserts.
 #44279  by Gopal

olsonea wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm I can't seem to find a web service that will create a new user. Does one exist that is unpublished?

LDAP authentication is not an option for me.
Hi did you find any solution of your problem . As because i also face same problem , i also want a web service by which i can create new user in Open KM , Please reply as soon as possible , i need a solution urgent .
Thanks
 #44280  by Gopal

jllort wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 am That simply can be implemented with minimal php code ( or other ). You can make a call to you php with some data which is needed to created an user account.
You will need your OpenKM configured under mysql -> and then make the proper inserts.
Hi jllort

How can i create new user in openkm through mysql or any other method or any web service.

Please help i require it on urgent base.
 #44310  by jllort

Version 6.4.3 comes with rest webservice what allows user creation as you can see in the code https://github.com/openkm/document-mana ... rvice.java ( this methods are not still present in the SDK, that's why you need accessing directly ).

About create from database solution, should take a look at tables named:
OKM_USER
OKM_ROLE
OKM_USER_ROLE

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.