• 'administration' menu option does not work and....

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #860  by yuying

Who can tell me why the \'administration\' menu option doesnot work?
I login as \'system\' and I can see the \'administration\' menu option but there is no response when click \'View repository\',\'Logged users\' etc.
Should I configrate something?

Second, I can\'t login again as the same user after logging off in half hour.
I think it should be improved.
When a user logs off or the browser is closed, the session should be deleted immediately.

Appreciate!
 #862  by jllort

You must always logout, if not user is locked since session is killed by jboss. This is done as is by some security purposes. Browser could be closed by several ways, for example windows crashing - a great classical windows blue screen among other windows ... - for it and other reason we decide to get this direction -> user must logout, it\'s only end user education.

Administration runs better if you use firefox, althought might run correctly with IE. Which browser are you using ? Can you capture some screenshot about it ?

On IE option menu opens on new windows, ensure you\'re not using some popup killer.
 #869  by yuying

Thanks again.
My browser is IE and the popup killer is open. The \'administration\' option is avaliable after I closed the popup killer.

However, can you tell me the path that the documents are saved or how saved?
Thanks!
 #870  by jllort

About path documents I can think it on serveral ways and I don\'t know exactly about which one are you refering.

if you\'re saving a document on folder okm:/folder1/subfolder2/ named documentX your document path is okm:/folder1/subfolder2/documentX that\'s the normal.

if you\'re trying to get and url to open directly a document consider to make a mail notification to your self and you\'ll see something like : http://server:port/OpenKM/es.git.openkm.frontend.Main/?docPath=okm:/folder1/subfolder2/document.

if you\'re asking about how docs are saved on file system, it\'s an jackrabbit internal implementation ( really must not be interested on it ).

I\'ve answered your question ?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.