• Maximum User Limit ?

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #697  by mikegilligan

Hi

I\'ve been working successfully with OpenKM with 10 users in my openkm-users.properties file (including system). Yesterday I added an 11th user and when I tried to login as this new user I received a Jboss access denied error message and I had to completely restart OpenKM to login again. Once restarted I tried the new user again and same access denied error message. After restarting a second time I successfully logged in with one of the original 10 users. Is there a restriction of 10 users ? These weren\'t simultaneous logins by the way. There was no one else connected to OpenKM while this 11th user was trying to connect. PS I tried to authenticate using a 12th user and crashed the application again.

Any ideas?

M.
 #699  by pavila

There is user limit for OpenKM. Please, attach the log error here.
 #707  by mikegilligan

Which log file do you need ? This is the jboss error in the browser.

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message Access to the requested resource has been denied

description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has been denied) has been forbidden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA
 #708  by mikegilligan

ok I found the problem. I forgot to update openkm-roles.properties for the new user newuser=UserRol. Ha! Too tired. :(
 #714  by tidus2728

Hi,

How many is the user limit for OpenKM? How many users can be logged on simultaneously?
Thanks.
 #723  by pavila

There is no hard-coded user limit. It depends on server hardware. If you plan to support many concurrent users, increase server RAM.
 #753  by tidus2728

Thanks!

I was beginning to wonder if there is a user limit because I have more than 120+ users and still no problem.

Thanks again!
 #765  by pavila

Which server configuration do you have? Note that the \"problem\" is the concurrent users not all the users registered in OpenKM.
 #771  by tidus2728

Hi,

My server configuration is:

Dell PowerEdge 2900

Intel Xeon Quad-Core 3.0GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM
836GB HDD (for OpenKM only)

Will this configuration pose a problem on the concurrent number of users if ever it will reach to around 200?

Thanks.
 #776  by pavila

A configuration with 4GB RAM will be better for this number of users. But, as I said previously, the important is the number of concurrent users. How many concurrent users do you have?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.