• Prolem with uploading new documents

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #605  by Kinski

Hello,
I installed OpenKM 2.0 on a Server (Windows Server 2003) and started JBOSS with run.bat -b 0.0.0.0 .
Now I can login from any PC in the network via 192.168.x.x:8080/OpenKM but I can only upload new documents when I login on the server and select a local file. When I am logged in on a network PC and then trying to upload a file from that PC the small dialog shows \"upload document\" or so but doesn\'t change and nothing happens. Then I have to close the tab in Forefox or IE.

Do I have to set some rights or is it a firewall problem? Any ideas? I opened the debug console but there doesn\'t appear an error message because the upload dialog doesn\'t change.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Update:
I got this error in the debug console:

[FATAL] Uncaught Exception:
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException:
JavaScript null exception: Component returned failure code: 0x805e000a [nsIDOMHTMLFormElement.submit]

It is the same error I get when I try to upload a file within the OpenKM Pro Demo on the OpenKM homepage.

Update2: It looks like a Java error, thats why I updated to Version 6 Update 6. After a restart I can now upload new files with IE7 with no error, but with firefox there is again the same JavaScript error. What can I do?
 #607  by jllort

We\'ll give us some more information:

1- The file type you\'re uploading.
2- Browser version? it happens the same on IE7 than firefox ?

It\'s not a good idea to upgrade to java 1.6 it\'s better if you try with java 1.5 ( ensure really jboss is starting with java 1.5)

3- Erase server.log ( server/default/log) and generate de error. ( attach here you\'re server log error to see what could happens ).

4- Do you have any special rights on openkm jboss folder ? executing user with enought grants to write etc... ?

5- Log console still not logs all actions, but captures all errors, it\'s good that there not shows any message, seems problem is on server not on js gwt code.
 #610  by Kinski

All clear:

the JavaScript error occurs only with Firefox on my PC, then I tried to disable AdBlocker plus and then everything works fine. Thanks for your commitment.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.