About Taxonomy and "My documents"...

We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
gelinp
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

About Taxonomy and "My documents"...

Post by gelinp » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi,

If I put a document into Taxonomy I can add categories and keywords, and I can see this into metada of the file. But if I put a document into My Documents, I can add only categories, but I can't see the metadata (but I can find the file with a category added) and I can't add keywords... Why ? By the way, what is the difference betwen taxonomy storage and My Document storage because I can create foldres on two ways ? Is it because Taxonomy is public files and My document is private ?

Thank you for your response.

Patrick
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal - release april 2011)- OpenKM 5.1.7 (build 7085)

pavila

Re: About Taxonomy and "My documents"...

Post by pavila » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:20 am

Exact, "Taxonomy" is for shared documents and "My documents" is only for private user documents.

Related to the keywords issue, I have created a new entry in our issues manager http://issues.openkm.com/view.php?id=1751.