• speed is lower than 2.0 beta version

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #499  by fengboallan

after I upgrade to 2.0 version, I found the speed is lower.

for example, when i login, i have to wait for 5 seconds until the GUI is ready to use.

what\'s wrong with it?

another bug is that under IE7, it still does not work.
file uploading can not be completed.
 #501  by pavila

The code is mostly equal to 2.0b so I don\'t understand the slowdown. For the IE7 we are working on this incompatibility. Until this issue is solved, use Firefox.
 #505  by jllort

There\'s no reason to 2.0 be lower than 2.0b, really as said pavila the code is so much similar, there\'s no enhancement between 2.0b to 2.0 only code correction.

The only possibility it could be first time on your computer loading ( some images, etc... are cached ), but later must runs as 2.0b

About IE we\'ll looking for it upgrading some libraries. Normally we test on IE 5.5 and IE 6.X

Could you make something to try capturing this error
1- Enable debug ( CTRL + Z )
2- Upload the file
3- Go to tools and \"show console\"

Is on console some error ?

Cap you upload some attach file with a screenshot to see what happens ( I take a look the server.log and there\'s nothing strange there ? ).

Do you have some antivirus or something in that way on this machine ?
 #510  by jllort

Have you change the default home on startup ? OpenKM opens automatically some route on tree nodes ( on this case is some quite slower, because OpenKM internally makes some iterations. Is this your case ?
 #511  by fengboallan

default home on startup ?

I don\'t understand.

I did not do other configuration.

after the first start up, it seems better.

but, I still feel it is not as fast as beta version.

Do you have the similar things?

maybe, just my case only

thanks

Bo
 #512  by jllort

I\'ll explain the default home startup by each user. By default for each user openkm open okm:root folder ( default startup view ), but you can set other ( folder or file ).

You could try at this way:
1- Select a folder or document.
2- Right click to see contextual menu
3- Select \"set home option\"
4- Close OpenKM
5- login -> now you must start with this vie ( you saved as default to your user ).

About speed I don\'t know why you feel more slower ? on our internal installation we don\'t appreciate any change, it\'s strange you feel that. Normally I made all UI changes. I made all changes between 2.0b to 2.0 and there\'s no code reason you to be more slower, I\'ve solved some bugs but not increasing code logic. I don\'t know any reason for it.

Any change on your network, cache proxy or similar ? believe me when I said that there\'s no code reason ...

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.