• Letting users change their passwords

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #458  by ed0

Hi there,
While I wait for the new OpenKM, I would just like to know if there is a way for users to change their own passwords?

Also/otherwise is there a way for openkm to run using the unix users of the system?

Thanks,
E
 #461  by pavila

1.- Actually thir feautre is not implemented, but you can do it easily. By default, OpenKM uses text-files user authentication. You can configure JBoss to authenticate againt a database and a simple PHP script can help you to change user password.

2.- OpenKM use JAAS to athenticate users. If there is a JAAS module with this feautre, you can use it. See JBoss documentation for more info.
 #463  by ed0

Thanks for your reply. I have found this that seems right:

http://www.bablokb.de/jaas/

I have some more questions - can I just add this as a modules into JAAS or do I have to compile all of OpenKM with this?

Also, once I am authenticating users against the system\'s logins, how do I set the user\'s groups? Are those still in openkm-roles.properties?

Thanks,
Edward

P.S. when is the 2.0 release coming out on SF?
 #469  by pavila

Users and Roles are used in many authentication methods. I don\'t know how this JAAS manage the roles. Perhaps using system user groups?
 #474  by jllort

Could this old threat help you it\'s and entry from older forum.
 #478  by ed0

OK, I am having trouble following that guide, it is quite difficult.

Could one of you knowledgeable guys tell me, from that link, what I would have to do to compile the .java file he provides?

And could you make a guess at what files I would have to edit in the Configure your Web Application section?

Thanks,
E

P.S. When is the final OpenKM release going to come?!
 #481  by jllort

This week we release OpenKM 2.0. stable.

Take a look at the developer guide there\'s a guide to set our actual developing environment ( we plan to change to new Jboss-plugins , but we\'ve still not yet on this project ). For now use it.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.