• Automatic import

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #9239  by snowman

Hi pavila,

your last statement :
In this case I can implement a plugin which can be scheduled within OpenKM using the CronTab. So, all the files in a predefined server path have to be imported into OpenKM and deleted after this?
is exactly what I was looking for. I think it would be a powerful extension and great step towards automizing work with openKM.

Thank you.
 #9257  by pavila

This extension be added to registered OpenKM installations, but not in the community release.
 #9284  by joako

Can you please explain about the registered version?

I read on your website:

Since OpenKM version 4.0 is distributed only in one version with all enhancements.

But then on the same page it states:

We do not provide support for OpenKM - Free version

I understand free version don't include any support contract, but that can be added? What means "registered OpenKM installations" and how is that obtained?
 #9292  by jllort

I'll try to explain it:

The OpenKM Core is the same for community version and what we installing to our Customer. But for customer versions there're some optional extensions that are not available by default in OpenKM community bundle, you can see in detail on http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/User_Guide .The last extensions we've created are Google Contacts integrations and Activily log watcher on UI.

The community version is the bundle you can donwload. We do not provide professional supporting on that version, but can be upgraded to the version that we install to our customer. We only accept supporting versions that we've certified, that's the idea. Althought it, if some day you've got some problem you could contract our professional service, but it'll not be at the same terms as do a normal customer, for example if you've got some problem and you want we solve it, then the support that will apply it's based on price x hour.

To get a professional support service simply contact with us using web site contact form at http://www.openkm.com/Contact and our sales team will give to you a estimation cost depending your needs. There's a SaaS option too for which ones don't want to install on your network infrastructure.
 #9296  by snowman

Thank you for all the clarifications. Now I wonder how could I solve my problem being a community member?

I guess I have to write my own code. Either as plugIn if this is possible or via web service. But at least the documentation for web service is restricted, right?
 #9307  by jllort

The webservice api reference is not restricted only some examples. If you've got minimal skill with webservices it'll be easy to implementing. If you want to collaborate with us on developing some extension, plugin etc... contact with us and will work together on it.
 #9338  by joako

snowman wrote:Thank you for all the clarifications. Now I wonder how could I solve my problem being a community member?

I guess I have to write my own code. Either as plugIn if this is possible or via web service. But at least the documentation for web service is restricted, right?
Do you need the same as me.. imports from the folder on the server? I'm going to contact sales and try to get this implemented within a month, but it is sounding to me like the professional version could be very expensive so I think I will be using a 3rd party developer, but willing to collaborate with others.
 #9340  by snowman

Hi all,

yes, I do need the same function as you but I fear cannot afford professional development. I am using openKM in a personal environment at home. I have some programming knowledge my own. But I have limited time and never programmed a web service.
Though I like openKM I think I cannot contribute reliably in any way. Maybe I have to look for another software system.
I will be keep on watching the thread what is going on.

Best regards
 #9356  by jllort

You could try if some webdav client like netdrive could do it too.
 #9521  by joako

Hi,

Can you please provide your price to implement this solution? Whatever the subscription is needed please let me know the details.

Regards,

Andrew
 #9550  by jllort

Contact us using website contact form, and indicating the forum post and some minimal description about the feature ( althought it's explained on post ).
www.openkm.com/Contact
 #9564  by joako

Yes I did but I don't know or have any idea how many documents are GB I will be using, so I wish to just receive the full price list, I requested this yesterday but no response.

Also the person in our company that was talking with Gaspar left now it's been quite a few weeks. I was forwarded all the emails and contacted to Gaspar to continue the communications but that has been weeks and no response on that.

Please provide me clear straightforward information. If we can not receive that we need to find a 3rd party developer to write the API implementation.
 #9587  by jllort

OK I'll take a look what's happening
 #9593  by joako

I've forwarded you some mails.

Still seeking a straight answer.
 #9602  by jllort

I've received ... don't worry. I'm investagating what has happened.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.