• How to Cancel Check Out if node is locked ? (V5.0-RC1)

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #7422  by mat80

Hello,
using version 5.0-RC1 user can not check-in a previously checked-out document.
When trying to uncheck the document as okmAdmin ("Edit"-"Cancel Check out") I'm getting "OKM-002004(CancelCheckOut): Document lock denied Node locked ".
Unlock option is not available.

Any help is appreciated,

Thnx and Regards
mat
 #7470  by mat80

Hi pavila,
thx for the response.

Tried to cancel the checkout with okmAdmin but do get "OKM-002004(CancelCheckOut): Document lock denied Node locked"

How can the node be unlocked?

mat
 #7527  by pavila

Try to unlock and cancel-checkout from Administration -> Repository view. Currently I'm unable to reproduce this issue, because the okmAdmin is supposed to handle with this situation.
 #9129  by kizs

We also ran into this problem. Only opened for reading an excel document via webdav(*) what is locked in the moment.
Now we can't resolve the locking. Neither the original nor the admin user.

(5.0.2 build 4894)

(*) Total Commander webdav plugin
 #9131  by kizs

kizs wrote:We also ran into this problem. Only opened for reading an excel document via webdav(*) what is locked in the moment.
Now we can't resolve the locking. Neither the original nor the admin user.

(5.0.2 build 4894)

(*) Total Commander webdav plugin

Server restart solved the problem, but I don't think this way should work.
 #44569  by dferguson

I am seeing this error when trying to update an edited document.
Code: Select all
OKM-002004(CheckOut): Document locked, operation denied Node already locked
I can cancel the edit to unlock but at this point all edits are on hold. I have restarted the tomcat service and behavior persists.
 #44579  by jllort

Hi dferguson I think you are using newer OpenKM version ( upper than v5.X what is talking about this post ). I suggest if this is your case, please add a new post, because our answers will have not relation with steps must be done in older version 5.x. ( will be created a lot of confusion )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.