• Preserve timestamps whiile importing

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #18945  by pavila

In OpenKM you can import documents with metadata. And in this metadata you can set your custom import date property.
 #47581  by bhatth

fxxxxx wrote: Fri May 18, 2012 4:51 pm Hi everybody,

so in general I have good news: I can import files to the repository and the last modified timestamp is preserved. Now, I will further refactor, so that it will also work with individual file uploading etc.
Also, I will check the file created timestamp, although I think it is not possible to set it on all OS. If there is a good way, still I am not sure to what it should be set, in general there are three possibilities:
. to the time when the uploaded file was generated initially
. to the time when the file is uploaded
. to the time when the uploaded file was last modified

fxxxxx
Hello, i am new to this & just installed CE v6.3.7; how did you fixed original file timestamp while importing old files? -Thanks, hb

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.