• Anybody is using Microsoft addins ?

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #5988  by jllort

we'll add your suggestions for next addin release in our features tracking system, as you comment is interesting creating folder.
 #6148  by rmartinez

Hi there,

We are using OpenKM 4.1 and the plugins for MS-Office 2007. Something about this:

1. It would be very necessary that the comments could be introduced from the Office tools. This is a very important thing for us.
2. The user can't stay logged in both interfaces (the navigator and the plugin from office, "User are ready logged in!"). We would like to be logged in both places at the same time.
3. The connection to OpenKM is more slow from MS-Office 2007 than from the web navigator.

Regards,
 #6156  by memo

I tried to use on Windows 7. (Word and excel both)
I didn't run properly, because the main option on top dissapear after several uses.

On Windows XP I used well, assigning new versions for each document.
But , I dont Know how can i modify the "Notes" and "Comments" when i save a new version of the document.
I have to go to the web interface to change the "notes (notas)" of last version, but i dont know ho to change the "Comments (Comentario)"
The addin should ask for this before writing to OpenKM when a new version of the document il Locked.

When i edit a Document, The user shold see only the folders fron Taxonomy, where he has rights to read or write.
It should show only the foldes whe the user have proper rights.

Luis Amesty
 #6175  by jllort

User can see folder without write privileges, as in normal taxonomy, but these are shown in red. You consider must not be showed, because you can not edit into ? I've been considered it's better he knows that document is there, but has no access, the idea is seeing the same than browser, if you need some extra grant can demand it ... but if you not see you ignore it, that was the idea ... we can discuss about it.

In version 4.X the notes, comments, notification to users, etc... it's not yet done, when I return to holidays I'll try making for version 5.X

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.