• Is there a limit when searching a pdf's contents?

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #348  by thuper

Hi

I uploaded a test.pdf in /user2 in demosite. When I search it\'s contents. It seems could only search the contents of first paragragh.

Maybe when the file is indexed to database. There is a limit of total contents size, right?

Can this limit be changed larger when I install it to my computer.

thanks
 #353  by pavila

No there is no limit in content size. The search is done using Lucene and the text is extracted from PDF using PDFBox. I\'ve tested to look for \"开会这‡天正好\" which is in the last paragraph in the last page and seems to work. Anyway the system is preconfigured to work with english language and works with several others latin based languages, but to work better with chinese a tunning should be done.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.