• Deleting a folder...

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #326  by ed0

Dear All,
I am setting up OpenKM for a small business, as it looks like a good system.

I am trying to delete an empt folder I have created, and it says:

\"Can\'t delete a folder with readonly nodes\"

What have I done wrong, and how do I delete the folder?

Thanks... the system is looking good otherwise!

E

...furthermore, not even \"system\" can delete the folder with the same error!
 #327  by jllort

About error what it appears, for secutiry integrity if on some folder you\'re trying to delete there\'s some folder or document that connected user has only read grants, you can\'t delete this folder. Something like if on your OS you have some folder with minor credential to delete something there, you can not delete it ( it\'s the same idea ).

About system user, this must delete any file, if not you\'ve found a bug.
 #328  by ed0

If you\'re saying that the system user should be able to delete any _folder_ then I think I have found a bug!

How you do want me to report it?

Actually, wait a second - when I try to delete this empty folder with system it says:

\"Can\'t delete a folder with child locked nodes\"

Could that change things?
 #329  by jllort

Don\'t worry about this minor bug, I\'ll include on our tracking system, next week we\'ll solve it.

On way to solve - actually - deleting on system is to replace grants ( system can do ) and after it delete. Althought it I think that the correct way is to delete all withiout changing grants

Empty folder ? probably you don\'t see some document or folder on it ... what you see depends on grant you have. Ensure is empty folder, is strange that you optain this error: \"\"Can\'t delete a folder with child locked nodes\".
 #333  by ed0

system is now giving me the message about readonly nodes again.

Looking inside the folder as system I can confirm it is completely empty.

I have allowed all users read and write access, but noone, not even system can delete this folder - what\'s up!?

Edward

...even if I make a new folder I can\'t delete it. Do I need to upgrade version, start again?
 #334  by pavila

Yes, this is a know bug in this beta that is fixed in the CVS and will be fixed in the next (release candidate )release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
 #337  by ed0

OK, thanks, I\'ll wait to upgrade to that and let you know!

E
 #399  by alexfisher

We\'re unable to ever delete any folders with any account. This problem is keeping us from using the system at all. Any idea on when this fix will be out!?
 #402  by jllort

All known bugs are solve on cvs. The bug related on this threath too.

OpenKM Stable 2.0 is finished and we\'re processing to release to sourceforge. I\'m not sure if 2.0 stable it\'ll be released this friday because we want to do a general community advice on forums at the same time we releasing OpenKM 2.0. stable etc...

If you need it fastly you can build from cvs ( take a look at developer guide at less 10 minutes you can have it, I think it\'s well done explained ).

How is possible you can\'t delete any folder on any account ? have you made some change on all folder/ documents grants and now you\'ve got only read access for all users ?

Tell me more about it
 #416  by ed0

I am/was not able to delete any folder - even as system!

I\'m waiting anxiously for the 2.0 stable to come to SF!

e
 #420  by alexrv

Lo mismo me sucede a mi cuando intento borrar alguna carpeta ya sea con un usuario normal o con el usuario system, la ventana dice lo siguiente al intentar borrar la carpeta:

OKM-001009(Delete): No tiene permisos para acceder a la carpeta

Can\'t delete a folder with readonly nodes

Esto es lo que arroja en la consola.
Code: Select all
ERROR [OKMFolderServlet] Can\'t delete a folder with readonly nodes
es.git.openkm.core.AccessDeniedException: Can\'t delete a folder with readonly nodes
        at es.git.openkm.module.direct.DirectFolderModule.delete(DirectFolderModule.java:248)
        at es.git.openkm.api.OKMFolder.delete(OKMFolder.java:83)
        at es.git.openkm.frontend.server.OKMFolderServlet.delete(OKMFolderServlet.java:99)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:528)
        at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:265)
        at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:187)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Notese que no le eh modificado permisos de lectura/escritura a ninguna carpeta, y mi usuario de la base de datos tiene todos los permisos de escritura/lectura y creación, asi que no creo que tenga que ver con la base de datos...
¿Que sera lo que este pasando ?

Aun asi exelente trabajo por el openkm! :laugh:
 #432  by pavila

Como ya ha comentado un compañero antes, es un error conocido que está corregido en el CVS y que estará solucionado en la versión 2.0 final que saldrá la semana que viene.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.