• Delete files in folders and in the trash

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #277  by dm_

Hello,

I really like OpenKM but I found a problem that make it unusable in a real production environment.

FYI I already reported the bug on the bug tracker, but it did not show it (the bug is not showed neither the bug report...).

BTW, I notice that the delete problem is partialy fixed, that is the great news.
Unfortunately some related issues still occur, I notice that when I tried to delete a file in the trash folder/panel.

Symptoms:
- the delete waiting message does not disappear, your are stuck with it and you need to reload the full webpage.

Here are the bug details/scenario:
- delete a file without selecting the file (I mean right click on it and choose delete, do not left-click on it before).
- same issue in the trash.
- time to time the problem appear randomly when you try to delete a file EVEN when you select it before.

This issue is really a problem and prevent to make OpenKM more userfriendly.

NB: Can you explain why the 2.0b archive have changed (including the partial bug fix) without notices ? Why not having released a 2.0c instead of backporting changes in the 2.0b ? I guess that the users would like to know what are the changes made...

Well have fun.
 #280  by pavila

What do you mean with \"Can you explain why the 2.0b archive have changed\" ? This week I will publish a new OpenKM 2.0c version. And I hope to release the OpenKM 2.0 (final and stable release) next month.

The delete errors are in the OpenKM 2.0b ? Can you test this issue in the Demo server?

By the way, actually there is some problems with the bug tracker. I will try to fix them as soon as possible.
 #283  by jllort

If you have not grants to read you must not see document and must not appears on searching results. This searching results are filtered internally by OpenKM.

This is on that way for security purpose, you can\'t read, you can\'t find, for you not exists on any view.

About delete, I\'ve corrected this issue last week, hangs on deleting document. Tell us if it continues existing something on deleting.

We\'re now on a hard testing UI. The UI has experiemented a growing on functionalities and of course on number of cases, for it\'ll appear some minor bugs on UI that we\'ll try to correct fastly.
 #287  by dm_

Frankie: please do not mix different subjects in the same thread. It will be harder to track the issues for the admins. And of course it will also be harder for the users to understand all the issues and information. This thread is about the problem when you try to delete a file, not about the search feature.

---

Well, first and to close the debate to avoid any misunderstood, I think (but not sure because I did not verify) that the file of the release 2.0b has changed over time because I test it 2 times and the 2d time the \"delete issue\" was not here as it was before. It was after my bug repport, so I thought it was updated without any notice... That\'s all.

Nevermind, this remark is just to advice you about my feeling.

Now the really annoying problem is the \"delete issue\", you can understand that the way the users use OpenKM has to be very easy and should not be a pain for them. That is why I am so concerned about that.

On my last try (2 or 3 days ago from today) I noticed that most the delete problems has gone, this is a very good fact. But I also noticed that some are still around.

Unfortunately I was not able to make a scenario to reproduce them, but they are still here and happen time to time.

Infos:
- most of my tries were done on the online demo (few on my personnal server)
- I mainly tested with few files (never more than 3 files in the folder, and tries with only one file)
- I was able reproduce (randomly) the problem by trying to delete in the trash

I hope you will be able to fix this problem before the stable release because it worth to do it.

Regards,
dm_.
 #288  by dm_

At this time, I am able to reproduce the problem on the online demo.

Here is my scenario (does not work all the time):
- upload one file in an existing directory
- upload a second file (using th option \"upload another file\" ) in the same existing directory
- close the upload popup
- right click on one of the uploaded file (DO NOT select it before)
- click on delete
Result:
- the file disappear from the main window
- the delete waiting popup dos not disappear
 #289  by frankie

For the Delete problem, I think the problem is when you delete first
row
so i do the following change
final AsyncCallback callbackDeleteDocument = new AsyncCallback() {
public void onSuccess(Object result) {
table.delete();
//mantainSelectedRow(); modify by frankie to solve first row problem
Main.get().mainPanel.browser.fileBrowser.status.unsetFlagDocumentDelete();
refresh(fldId);
}

public void onFailure(Throwable caught) {
Main.get().mainPanel.browser.fileBrowser.status.unsetFlagDocumentDelete();
Main.get().showError(\"DeleteDocument\", caught);
}
};

/**
* Purge a document
*/
final AsyncCallback callbackPurgeDocument = new AsyncCallback() {
public void onSuccess(Object result) {
table.delete();
//mantainSelectedRow(); modify by frankie to solve delete first row problem
Main.get().mainPanel.browser.fileBrowser.status.unsetFlagDocumentPurge();
refresh(fldId);
}

public void onFailure(Throwable caught) {
Main.get().mainPanel.browser.fileBrowser.status.unsetFlagDocumentPurge();
Main.get().showError(\"PurgeDocument\", caught);
}
};

Sorry for the post problem
I don\'t know how to make a new thread because i can only found a reply button. The make a new post button is disable.
 #290  by frankie

For Search problem
my scenario is
user3 userRole, SalesRole
user4 userRole, AccountRole

For folder created by user3 i set to SalesRole only by removing userRole
For Folder created by user4 i set to AccountRole only by removing userRole
so user4 can not see user 3 folder when loggin
but user4 can still search user3 document
Sorry for post at this thread but i don\'t know how to create a new topic
 #291  by jllort

dm_

This is a new bug , I\'ll put on our tracking system to solve.

Seems the problems origins when non file is selected and use right click at first time .
 #292  by jllort

About searching tell me what kind of search are using, by content, by file name ... etc...

Because I can\'t to reproduce it.

Has document on user 3 the same properties that folder ? not has UserRole grant the document ?
 #293  by frankie

hi for searching problem
I want SalesRole user3 can not see AccountRole user4 documemt,
so i remove userRole and just select accountRole in the security dialog for the folder that user4 create.(done by system login)
Thus user 3 can not see user 4 document when he login.
You can do this by adding the role that i mention.
After doing that user3 can still search user4\'s document
 #330  by dm_

Hello jllort,

I tested the online demo and the bug seems to be gone in the Trash file list.

The behaviour in \"trash\" is perfect, very good work. I am able to delete a file right-clicking without selecting it first, that is pretty nice.

It would be awesome if you could propagate those change in the main file management window. Because it is seems that delete is disable if you do not select the file first.

Regards,
X.
 #331  by jllort

During this weeks we\'ll try to solve this minor UI bugs.

Major of them are caused because table from version 1.2 is totally different from 2.0 ( more complex and very different internally ), and this has been the origin of some bugs ( delete included ).

Althought we\'ve testing, some combinations only appears when end users are using OpenKM.

But that has been appeared since now are not critical, after we solve I think we\'ll release the stable OpenKM. We plan for ends of next week.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.