• Cannot preview searchable pdf files

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52728  by ausadmin

I have a problem with preview of some pdf files, and I am hoping an openkm guru can shed some light on this or point me in the right direction.

When I scan a document to pdf as a "image", then it appears fine in the preview pane.

However when I allow the scanner (Scansnap home package) to do ocr with Abbyy and produce a searchable pdf, I just get a blank document in the preview pane. In Acrobat, the document appears fine, and I can use Find to search the document.

I have tested this with Google Chrome Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Preview pane does not work. However if I use Internet Explorer the preview of the searchable pdf works fine. Is this due to the removal of flash from Chrome (and Edge)? If so, I don't understand why the pdf without OCR works, but the searchable pdf does not work.

Its really not going to be practical to use the old Internet Explorer, so I hope I can find a solution to resolve this.

I have attached samples of 2 files: 20210815073846_ScannedImage.pdf appears OK in the Preview
20210815073742_Seachable.pdf appears as a blank document in the preview.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,
Tim

(285.4 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
- appears OK

(288.66 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
- appears as a blank document
 #52745  by jllort

I think, because old version of pdf.js the document is not shown, I have tested with newer version and it works. Please open the issue here https://github.com/openkm/document-mana ... tem/issues and we'll upgrade de pdf.js version that is currently use OpenKM. Please share in the issue the sample documents for testing purposes.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.