• Markdown

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52337  by jsolon

Using Version: 6.3.9 Community
Firefox
MacOs Catalina

We are considering uploading (Markdown) .md files. I understand that if we select edit, the file will be downloaded and we can edit offline.
I would like to ask if there is a possibility to
1. edit markdown files within OpenKM or
2. upon seleting edit file, the file opens in a browser-based editor like StackEdit.

Thank you.
 #52348  by jllort

Markdown files may be edited in CE, but for this purpose, should modify the source code. In the professional edition, we have the possibility to edit these files and also preview them in OpenKM. If you want to add the markdown edition in CE I can try to guide you in the classes you should consider changing. I suggest editing as plain text, either editor with shortcuts ( take as a suggestion ), but also you can integrate with HTML5 markdown editor ( more efforts for it purpose ). Because I feel comfortable with direct text edition I suggest this way but is my case and my feeling.
 #52356  by jsolon

Thank you for your reply. Modifying the source code is probably too much for us for now. Since many people revise and edit, we will most likely use G Suites or an editor that using github for collaborating on text. I know that the professional edition also has Google Docs integration.

We are a non-profit and we would like to maximize the CE version until it does not work for us!

We will probably use this workflow for now and we look forward to starting.

1. Docs are edited on G Suite
2. Finalized on G suite and Locked
3. Download
  • Txt
    Markdown (using an add-on)
4. Upload Txt to OpenKM as repository.
5. Push .Md to github for GH-Pages.
6. Download Txt from OpenKm for revision
7. Upload to G suite, revise
 #52369  by jllort

Google docs integration has been deprected at version 7 ( at least in the way it was in version 6.4 ), because we consider do not have any kind of sense ( and nobody really was using it ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.